Wednesday 5 November 2014

New Micomsoft Drivers - XCAPTURE-1 users read!

Since Advantech rolled out the July 2014 driver for the internal cards, nothing else has surfaced for the Micomsoft products. They promised a new driver at CEATEC but nothing else has been announced. This is probably because they are focusing all their resources on the XCAPTURE-Mini.

However, today I found a driver slightly newer than the Advantech (127 to 128 revision). You can download it here. Lumens just looks to be a reseller company for Yuan products and others.


What is different you ask? Ummm... well nothing that I can see. All the problems I have documented previously still exist (100% CPU for Windows 7, 0-255 and 16-235 being swapped, bad RGB color capture). I also can't see any other options that didn't exist in the Advantech driver. Feel free to try it yourself and comment. Maybe I missed something.

The main reason I am posting this is for you XCAPTURE-1 users. My earlier suspicions were correct in that the UB530 from Yuan uses the exact same chipset and drivers as this device (CY3014 is the identification code). These drivers are about 7 months newer than what Micomsoft has on its website. Driver link here. Let me know how they work out for you.

Credit to achmetha who posted the XCAPTURE-1 new driver link on the OBS forums. It didn't take long for me to find the internal drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment