Tuesday 24 June 2014

Raphnet SNES to Wii Controller Adapter Review

raphnet snes wii controller adapter
Image courtesy of raphnet-tech.com
I got this adapter as I hated the Gamecube controller for VC games such as the Donkey Kong Country series (button layout sucked). As for the adapter itself, build quality is solid overall but I'm not totally sold on the actual circuitry part. It seems to be covered with insulation tape and that's it. I feel like if you unintentionally stepped on it, you would have a chance of breaking it. As long as you are careful, you should be fine. I have actually used the adapter for about 8 months now and never had a problem.

I can now play all my SNES VC games properly and I could not be happier. I can't detect any input lag which is a good sign. There obviously must be some added but it's so minuscule you would never notice it.

The adapter will set you back about $36/£21 (including shipping). Is that good value for what you get? Well if you love your VC games and want an authentic experience, it probably is worth the money. Since the Wii U is also getting a Gamecube controller adapter very soon, there is also a possibility to use this product with the Wii U without having to drain Wiimote batteries which would be really nice.

1 comment: